|Holger's Long Ride
||Long, hilly, fast training ride in the Santa Monica Mountains for advanced triathletes.
We typically ride North on PCH as a group, double file, around 20 miles per hour; climb up into the Santa Monica Mountains each at our own pace; regroup at the top and then ride back on Mulholland. We regroup at Kanan, to send those who want to ride shorter down to PCH there. The rest of us continues on Mulholland and stops at the bathrooms at the Peter Strauss Ranch. Those who want to ride longer add another climb to the ride, such as Piuma, Stunt or Fernwood. We typically come down on Topanga at the end of the ride. Some of us eat lunch at the Pure Energy Cafe at the Spectrum Club on Sunset, while others head back to the start and home.
- Bring lots of food and some salt to avoid bonking or cramping
- Practice eating and drinking while riding, once we are off of PCH
- Instead of waiting at the top, ride back down to the last person coming up
- If you have to fix a flat, consider riding a shortcut to catch back up
- One other person should stop and help
- We do not stop at Trancas, please use the bathroom at the start of the ride
- To help with regrouping, please be aware if you are the last person or not
- If you are starting with us but plan to do a different route, let me know
- Bring the directions and stay with someone, if you don't know the route
- Have fun and be safe
All individuals participate at their own risk. You are responsible for yourself.
||April 13, 2012 - Oct 30, 2012
||Weekly event on Saturdays
||Please be ready to ride from the bathrooms at PCH and Temescal at 8:00AM, if you want to join us.
Members & guests